Eccl 5:4 - When thou vowest a vow unto God, defer not to pay it; for he hath no pleasure in fools: pay that which thou hast vowed.
There are so many times when I promise the Lord that I will do something or stop doing something and yet I fail. I enjoyed reading this scripture this morning to give me new hope and determination to keep all my promises, but especially those I make to the Lord.
Eccl 7:3 - Sorrow is better than laughter: for by the sadness of the countenance the heart is made better.
I am starting to make a collection of scriptures, talks and quotes that have to do with sorrow and trials. I may need it someday and want to be prepared and have "daily affirmations" on hand to help me through the hard times. This scripture will help me to remember that if we have the right attitude, we can turn sadness into something that will make our heart stronger and encourage us to turn our hearts to God more fully.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment