Wednesday, June 13, 2007

More Blood Work

Had some more blood work today. The first one was for gestational diabetes. That's where they make you drink this glucose drink and then you have to sit for an hour, then they take a blood sample. I tried to take a book to read, but I guess I should have brought something with smaller words. I couldn't get into the book I had. It was called "Mysteries of Godliness" or something like that. The other test was an AFP test. http://www.webmd.com/baby/Alpha-Fetoprotein-AFP-in-Blood It tests for some pretty scary things. Hopefully I won't get called before my next appt (Jun 22) and then she'll tell me everything came back negative. We will also be getting the information on scheduling the sonogram, which I believe will be sometime in July. Imagine, finally finding out whether we're having a little prince or princess :)

No comments: