Today was an eventful day. Those of you who have been to my house have seen the gate we have between the living room and the kitchen. It is made of iron and is 100% safe for the non-clutsy people of this world. Unfortunately I am not one of those people. As I was walking into the kitchen this afternoon, I don't remember exactly what happened, I just remember the "falling" sensation without any way to stop myself. My foot somehow got stuck somewhere and I knocked the gate over and fell right on top of it. It was all in slow motion for me, and yet, I still couldn't figure out how not to keep falling. All I could think of was the word "Ow!" So I started to say it very loudly and over and over again and tried to stop myself because I knew Kate would get upset. As she saw me on the floor screaming "OW! OW! OW!" she began to cry and tried to come to my rescue. The gate was on the floor between us, so she started to walk on top of the gate to get to me. It was very wobbly which I think made her even more scared and make me cry even harder that my daughter was ignoring the fact that she was really scared and doing whatever she needed to to get to her mommy who was in pain. I was in so much pain I was sobbing by this time, but yet smiling too because of her as I helped her across the gate and then she hugged me until my crying stopped. What a brave little girl! It is starting to bruise now, so I had to take a picture. Incidentally, I want to end this post on a happy note and share the picture of her as I took the camera away from her. Isn't she adorable?

No comments:
Post a Comment