Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Lab Work #1 Today

Today I went to have the first set of lab work done for the pregnancy. I guess the lady didn't realize I had two sets of tests to perform, because she stuck me once and said, "You're all set". I said, "No, there's another sheet of tests". She said, "Oops, I'm sorry, I will have to stick you again". I figured that. Well, one of the tests was for HIV, so she had to go back to the front office and get a consent form for me to sign, and then came back in and had me sign in and then took it back to the front office. Then stuck me again, in the same vein, and took 4 more vials. Usually it doesn't hurt when I get lab work done, but I guess getting stuck twice brings on some pain. Hopefully it will subside soon. I'm beginning to see what a low tolerance of pain I must have (wimpy wimpy wimpy, eventhough I'm starting to look Hefty Hefty Hefty). She said the results should be in within 3 days, so we'll wait for the results. They are testing for Cystic Fibrosis, HIV, and a Prenatal Profile, which I believe is Hep B, Iron and some other tests. And the doctor wrote in for a "Varicella Igg" test. I'm not really sure what it is, but the internet says that "Varicella" is another word for Chicken Pox. Interesting :)

2 comments:

DP said...

Ouch! I'd have a fit. I hate being stuck even once!

pjtemple said...

She didn't mean it and she was very apologetic. I couldn't make her feel worse :)