Thursday, January 31, 2008
Warning: Those with Weak Stomach... skip reading this one!
Ok, so I just got out of the shower. Why am I in the shower at 3:52am you ask? Is it because it's the only time of day as a Mom that I have 5 minutes to myself? Nope, that's not the reason (in fact she was really good yesterday and let us get a lot of work done around the house). Ok, so anyway, back to my story. So, a shower is necessary after your 11 week old wakes up, cries for food, eats that food, then decides she wants to "give back" and vomits all over Mommy and all over the couch (I'd give the couch a shower too if I thought it would fit). So, the reason I'm posting this experience that you didn't want to know about is that most of my "blog readers" are moms and I would like to know what causes a 11 week old (or any other nursing baby) to vomit... just in case it is because of something that I ate that I can avoid eating in the future. Not that I freaked out or anything, in fact I think I handled it quite well as I gently took her to the diaper changing table to change her clothes as I was still dripping (I told you not to read this if you had a weak stomach). I mean, really, the "old" me would have probably dropped the baby in the bed with David and went running into the bathroom screaming "I'm hit! I'm hit". On a more serious note, I am understanding why it is so important for us to become parents. Your knowledge of words like "love" and "patience" and "rewarding" and "sacrifice" excels to a much higher, deeper level. You develop a better understanding of what your own parents did for you that you had no concept of (not to mention our Heavenly Parents). Not sure I could have experienced this without becoming a mommy. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Ethan and I had a similar experience one morning last week when I was already dressed and ready for work! I'm pretty sure it was this new cough he has. He started coughing and then started gagging and then up came everything he had just eaten! All over me, him, and my chair in his room. It totally freaked me out, but since he seemed to be fine and happy afterwards, I decided not to worry too much.
Let's get together soon!
If she did it just once, I would not worry about it. You know how sometimes you regurgitate in your own mouth, but you have the control to swallow it...I know that is gross...but anyway, you know what I am talking about. Anyway, babies sometimes do that, they just do not have the control, or the social graces to "swallow" it of hold it in until they get to the toilet. If she were doing it all the time, or did it a lot in one day, she might have a flu bug or something. Otherwise, I would not worry about.
Nathan has done that to me a couple of times. It definitely is not a pleasant experience. I was on the phone with a lactation consultant one of the times and she didn't seem to think it was a big deal so I let it go.
Post a Comment