Saturday, June 28, 2008

Summer Swim!

Katelyn and I were looking for something to do today and I remembered that I had bought a $10 kiddie pool a while back, so if I could find some shade, it seemed like the perfect thing to do. Usually I would spend Saturdays cleaning if I was at home, but I'm making myself take a break. Of course, not a perfect break because I did clean the kitchen and am about to put in some laundry since the pool wore Kate out and she's sleeping. But it was fun to just play with her in the pool for about 30 minutes. She loved it. I think she liked it better than a real pool because Mommy didn't have to hold her the entire time. She could just sit by herself and play. Of course at first I forgot the camera, and you can't just leave a 7 month old in a kiddie pool while you run inside, so I grabbed her (soaking wet) and wrapped a towel around her and hurried back in the house, put an actual swimsuit on her for pictures, grabbed the camera, and hurried back outside to make sure I could get some good shots before she got cranky (not that she ever gets cranky or anything). I need to get her some pool toys, she kept trying to grab the designs on the bottom of the pool thinking they were toys.

No comments: