Thursday, December 25, 2008

1st Time Firing a Gun











After spending Christmas morning with my parents in Clearwater, we traveled to Trenton, FL to David's Aunt Mae's house. After dinner they decided they wanted to go outside and shoot cans. Some of you know that I absolutely despise guns and I'm pretty afraid of them to. Right before my mission, the little brother of a close friend of mine shot and killed himself while playing russian roulette with his 9 year old cousin. I was afraid of guns before that, but it just sealed the deal for me and I vowed I would never own one or have one in my house. But, to try to lessen my fears, I figured I would try it out. Here are some pics and even a video. The video is of when I first walked outside. The first pic is Aaron explaining the gun to me and how to fire it. You can tell I look a bit timid. Then David tries to show me how to lock my right arm. Then the photographer (Steve) captured a great picture of my expression as the gun fired.

No comments: