Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Told My Boss Today

Today at lunch we actually added some items to the registry. It was overwhelming to walk into the Babies-R-Us and see all the items you need for something so small. Then back at work, I finally told my boss. Poor thing. To think my co-worker is only one month ahead of me and she is having twins. I think he was a bit overwhelmed to have 2 out of his 11 employees out on maternity leave. That's 18% of his staff :) He was geniunely happy for both of us. I made a deal with him that I would try to put in a few hours a day when I was on leave if he would extend my leave by that many hours. He said it was a good idea and that we'd talk about it more down the road. I pointed out to him that I would be on leave during the year end, which is a rough time for our company, so he seemed satisfied that I was willing to be a team player. I'm still feeling great and actually got my wedding rings on this morning :)

2 comments:

hamrad said...

If you told your boss, then I guess it is for real. You need to starting taking photos of your progress too!!

Dad

pjtemple said...

I definitely will when I start showing :)