Monday, December 07, 2009

Day 1 - Irving

Flight was great. They showed the movie Up, so it helped to make the time pass more quickly. I wish I knew that I had Tylenol in my purse, because I had a splitting headache the last half of the flight. Got off the plane and headed to the rental car place. Got the car and decided I couldn't drive it because the back windows and back window were so angled, there was very low visibility. So not like my car at home. I was going to just deal with it, so I left the rental place, but then the more I drove, the more I decided it was probably a good idea to just get a different car. So, I went back around and the lady gave me a really funny look (perhaps the look you are sporting as you read this) when I told her I wanted a car with "bigger" windows. Anyway, she switched my car and I was off. I couldn't figure out why the car maker didn't put lights on the radio and heater so that I could more easily see the buttons. So, I'm driving down the highway and it finally dawns on me that my lights are NOT on! What a dork! Who trusts me to drive a car that's not mine?? Yes, I'm a blonde. Then I drove to the Dallas Stadium. What a cool stadium! I didn't know you can totally see inside it from one of the angels. It was empty, but still really cool! Then I went across the street to Walmart to get some tylenol. I purposely parked near one of the doors so I wouldn't have to walk far in the dark, by myself, in a strange city. As I'm walking back to the door, the workers stop me and tell me that door closes at 10pm. Oops! So, defeating my purpose, I raced to my car from the other door. I had my little McDonald's in hand and safely made it to the car and ate my Happy Meal as I awed at the Stadium. Then headed to my hotel and was intimidated by the bellhop/valet guy that was (I'm sure) just innocently trying to help me. I'm not used to traveling alone, so I basically kept walking away from him whenever he tried to come near me. He kept me asking me for my luggage and I kept telling him no no no. I finally gave him because what he said actually made sense! I crack myself up!

No comments: