Thursday, December 10, 2009

Day 3 - Burleson

After class today, I headed down to Burleson. I served there for 7 months, so I figured I would remember my way around. Not so much. For some reason I still had Sister Babina's address memorized (from 14 years ago), so I put her address in my TomTom and headed there. I'm glad I got to see her, I have such fond memories of her. She helped us more than anyone I know. We had limited miles each month, so she drove us all over the area whenever we needed it. She fed us all the time too, and even washed my car when I was sick and couldn't do it. Then I drove over to Logan's to meet up with Kaylene and her twins. We had a good visit. It was nice to be around little ones for a little while. It was good to see her, and it warmed my heart that she was willing to make the long drive (5 hours total). Then I was going to drive more around the city, but it has changed so much, I didn't recognize any of it, so figured I would just get lost, so I headed back to the hotel to watch the Biggest Loser finale. Go Danny!!

No comments: