Monday, December 07, 2009
Day 2 - Training/Gaylord
Adore my teacher. He's the perfect Southern gentleman and I can't tell you how grateful I am to not have a boring teacher for a week! He's fun and I love his Southern ways and language. I told him I was a missionary here and I was looking forward to visiting some old areas. He said, "Oh, so you're Mormon. The missionaries come by from time to time". I didn't really pay attention to that statement, I just figured he meant they came to his door a few times. Then a few hours later, we were talking about Facebook, and he said he only goes on there to show his family genealogy pictures that he's gathered. Hmmmm.... Then as I was getting ready to leave for the day, I told him I planned to visit the Temple. He says, "Oh yea! I was married there.". I said, "You're Mormon???". He said, "Yes." I said, "Why didn't you say something?". He said, "I assumed you picked up on it". I laughed. He said he hasn't been to Church in 10 years. He said that he just got out of the habit of going since he travels every week for work. He said he hasn't lost his faith or anything, he just doesn't go. Says his home teachers come by all the time and keeps in touch that way :) Then I headed to the Grapevine Mills Outlet Mall. That was an adventure! I wonder how far it is if you walk all the way around. I think it's at least a mile. Bought several Christmas presents, it was so easy to shop without a toddler, so I took advantage of it. Then drove to the Gaylord Texan! Incredible! Amazing! Stunning! Beautiful!! Took lots of pictures (see on FB). It was great to be walking around seeing the lights in 35 degree weather (even with a mist). So much better than 80 degree weather. It was like it was actually Christmas Time!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment