Monday, July 16, 2007

For the record, Katelyn is still in my Tummy :)

On Tuesday we found out that we are having a little girl and so I text messaged a lot of my friends with the message "It's a girl!". I had a few responses and everyone seemed excited for me that we were finally able to find out the gender, which as you know, takes about 20 weeks. Well, I got a phonecall last night from a friend (who will remain nameless) and I was a bit confused at what she was saying. She said things like, "Well, I didn't want to call the first week because everyone does" and I wasn't really sure what she was talking about. I knew that she had a child, so I figured maybe she got a lot of calls after her first sonogram or something. Anyway, the conversation continued and I began to laugh. She thought my message meant that I had DELIVERED the baby!!! Now this was funny, but it got even more funny. She said, "Uh oh, I guess I have some people I need to call back". I said, "Huh?". She said, "Um, we'll I've told a "few" people. I began to laugh harder as I tried to ask just how many people she has told. She said, "I told my parents and my sister and then there's... and .... and ... and ...". I couldn't stop laughing. Then she said, "I think we even put in our newsletter". Luckily, she said that last comment was a joke. Now she's in my old singles ward and she told me she was sitting in Sunday School telling everyone around her. As you can imagine, my old singles ward plays that "telephone game" very quickly, so I'm sure it spread like wildfire. I was chuckling pondering everyone trying to do the math in their heads as they heard that David and Patti had ALREADY had a baby. She told me their were comments such as, "Wow, that must have really been a HONEYMOON baby". It was pretty fun to laugh that hard, I must admit and it didn't bother me a bit. So, if you hear from anyone that I've already had the baby, rest assured, Katelyn is still safely tucked inside my tummy and will be for another 4 months or so. :)

No comments: