Yes, we've been in Roma 2 days and we're already fluent in the language, but I'll still do this in English so that you can understand. :) We started with the hotel breakfast which was pretty good, we mostly had these custard filled croissants. Then we headed out to the Vatican. I felt humbled when I try to even think of words to describe this holy place. It is just incredible. Everywhere was statute after statue, painting after painting, the surreality (is that a word?) just didn't stop. The Sistine Chapel was more than you can even imagine. I would love to go in there by myself and just sit for hours and marvel at all the magnificent art. It was truly amazing. You just can't fathom how much time and effort it must have taken for all this work to be done. And the stories behind each of the many paintings. I think David took about 300 pictures (literally). He just kept snapping the camera because they just kept coming one after another. I'm beginning to fully comprehend the "Rome wasn't built in a day" phrase. Then we went to the Spanish Steps. Steps are always beautiful in my opinion, especially when they're old and lots of them! Then on to the Parthenon, I'm not sure if this was my favorite of the day because later we went to the Mouth of Truth! The Parthenon was gorgeous though, it was big and beautiful and just makes your mind wander as to how it was used thousands of years ago. But I will have to finish the day later because there are still pics on the camera of what we did this evening. Also, we are unsure whether we will have internet access at our next hotel because it's not the Hilton, so you may not hear from us for a while :( If you want to see all the pics, check out David's FB.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment