Thursday, July 16, 2009
Day 4 - Jungfraujoch
There just isn't enough room on my blog to upload all the pictures we took today, so please visit David's FB. I'm running out of words to use, it seems like everything is amazing, marvelous, incredible and breathtaking, because those are the exact words I would use to describe today. It's 11,000+ miles up and just gorgeous!! There must be a God. He creates such beautiful wonders of the world. The scenery was outstanding as we took the 3 hour train ride up the mountain. (a little scary too, I might add) I love snow capped mountains, they are just the most outstanding!! Then we walked inside the Ice Palace, which has no resemblance to the stadium in Tampa. This was actually an ICE palace. It was all made of ice and we walked through it (I "skated" some of the way). They even had some ice sculptures. It was a little unnerving as I saw some of the ice melting. Yikes! We also went to the Sphinx and it was built on the side of the mountain and if you looked down through the metal platform, you could see that part of it had nothing underneath!! I probably shouldn't have looked down to see that! Well, it was everything we imagined and more!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment