Friday, July 17, 2009

Day 5 - Zurich

Today we had a fun breakfast. We went to this little shop and picked out a variety of pastries. So yummy! I especially enjoyed this flaky pastry filled with custard. Then we (thanks to Suzan reminding me) headed to the Bern Temple since it was only 20 minutes away. It was very simple and very pretty. They had a hotel there which even served meals for those that came to visit the Temple. I couldn't help but think of Vincenzo di Francesca and How Rare A Possession since one of the last scenes is the camera zooming out away from the Temple. Then we hopped on a train to Zurich. The Zurich train station is just gorgeous!! Great place to have a big party! We had our Swiss dinner (David had Weinershnitzel and I had Smoked Sausage and Warm Potato Salad) and then walked around the city in the rain. We bought umbrellas and just refused to go back to the hotel! We were in Switzerland, so we walked around for a while and then decided it was time for hot chocolate (it was getting chilly with the rain and our short sleeves). We even found a law firm sign with our lovely name on it. Now it's time to plan in more detail our day tomorrow! I'm thinking we're going to visit some museums and then going to see the largest waterfall in Europe!

No comments: