Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Evidence #218 of Pregnancy Brain

I use the #218 because that's how long I've been pregnant and I'm sure I've committed at least one thing a day that would qualify as "proof" of Pregnancy Brain. Want to hear this morning's? Yea, I thought so. So, I grab my water (because the ride to work is a great time to focus on drinking enough water) and phone and head off to work. After a few minutes, I put my phone in the usual spot where I can see it clearly. A few minutes later I saw out of the corner of my eye a cell phone in the passenger seat. So, I did a double take and then realized I had grabbed my husband's phone too!!! OOPS!!! Now, you know we don't have a home phone, so it's really important that he has his cell. So I started to laugh at myself because I have no idea how I grabbed both of them, then proceeded to call my boss to explain that I would be late because I had to drive all the way home to return the phone to its rightful owner. Then on the way home, David must have used the computer to try to find his phone, because I opened the phone and saw a text message that said, "Test. Where are you phone?". I kept laughing because I couldn't call David and let him know that I was bringing the phone home because he didn't have his phone!! So, as I was driving back into our subdivision, I saw him coming the opposite direction. Poor thing was heading all the way back to Bumby Chapel to see if he left it there this morning at seminary. Good thing I caught him :) Then on my way back to work I realized I was running out of gas. Should I really be allowed out of the house? Then in the middle of I-4 traffic, I got that "If I don't find a bathroom in the next 3 minutes....." and I remembered how much water I had drank on my first attempt to get to work!!! What a morning!!

No comments: