Friday, August 17, 2007

Finally!

After 3 days of "traveling appetizers", it was finally time to partake of the main course. David and I were both in awe of the majesty of the Grander than Grand... Grand Canyon. It was so perfect and spectacular that it almost wasn't believable. At times it felt like I was looking at an artificial backdrop of scenery. I thought to myself that it would make a terrific puzzle. But, alas, later when I viewed some of the pictures I took, they just pale in comparison to what it was really like. I can still picture it in my mind vividly how it seemed to just stretch on forever. And then there was the helicopter ride. It started out "bumpy" when the receptionist asked me to step on the scale. I guess she saw me coming and wanted to make sure I wouldn't keep the helicopter from liftoff :) The ride was indeed an entirely different experience as you were able to better view and appreciate the grandeur of this wonder. It's amazing how 50 minutes can seem so much shorter as you didn't want the ride to end. Then we went on the "Spirit of Sunset" narration as we tried to watch the sunset. Rain took over and we headed for the hills. It was quite chilly. When we upload the pictures tomorrow, you will get to see all the animals we saw. We saw mule deer, bucks with very large antlers, a desert mouse and even a coyote that came right up to the car!!

No comments: