Saturday, August 18, 2007
What's good for the goose is not always good for the pregnant gander
I was so excited that David was desirous and willing to go on a hike without me!! I had been feeling bad that I was keeping him from something I knew he loved, especially in a place like this. For me, a "hike" was just walking from the car to the lookout points. It was just hard with this extra weight and the lovely swelling that the weather and walking has brought into my life. We left the hotel this morning at 5:15 to make sure he got to his starting point by 6. I was thinking I was going to wimp out and just drive back to the hotel and sleep for the 4 hours, but luckily I came to my senses and remembered that this was my last day! So, after dropping him off, I DROVE (my kind of hiking!!) to some various look out points and took some pictures while the sun was rising. It was nice and quiet because the crowds had not yet arrived. Then I went back to the hotel for some continental breakfast (I'll have to look up later why they call it that) and then I came back into the park to do one of the shuttle routes. When I finished it was time to pick up David and we exchanged stories of how much we enjoyed each of our "hikes". Then we drove down to Mesa to see the Temple and then watched a movie. It was a wonderful trip, but I'm still a firm believer of Dorothy's motto "There's No Place Like Home"....especially when you're married to the cutest most lovable man in the world :) Come on, you knew I couldn't do too many posts without putting my mushy stuff in. Our 10 month anniversary is only 8 days away!!! ...but who's counting??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment