Wednesday, August 08, 2007
I have a question
Do people really think that people that have gained weight don't notice it themselves? I mean, do you think they really need other people to point it out to them? Last night I went out and I ran into some friends that I haven't seen in a while (they are in their 80s, but I'm not sure if age has anything to do with it). One of the ladies says to me, "Hey Fatty". I couldn't believe it. Then the other guy thinks he's coming to my defense and says, "She's not fat, she's 'pleasantly plump'". I gasped and said, "Excuse me, the keyword here is "PREGNANT"!!!! I mean, sure I gained some extra weight, but I certainly don't need to be called out on it. Sheesh :) My many thanks to the other 99% of you that have been nothing but supportive and quiet :) HAHAHA!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Patti,
I feel your pain! I have heard some of the weirdest comments (some are downright rude) since being pregnant. As if I'm not self-conscious enough. Love you, Andrea
Post a Comment